Saturday, October 15, 2011

Browser plugin won't connect to dev mode?

I was driven almost to insanity yesterday trying to get GWT dev mode to work. In this case, the launch configuration (which had been working correctly for years) worked. Dev mode would start in eclipse and my application would load. Double click on the default URL, however, and nothing happens. The page loads in the browser but the GWT bootstrap doesn't seem to execute. No connection is made to the code server. No client appears under the OOPHM tree and no messages appear in the Development Mode window the way they should. I tried everything. I uninstalled and re-installed my Chrome plugin. I grabbed a fresh eclipse and checked out the project from source. I even resorted to trying IE. Nothing...

After beating my head against the wall for a few hours I cleared Chrome's cache. Problem solved. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier, but I've never encountered this trouble before. So if dev mode won't connect: clear your cache...

No comments:

Post a Comment